Sunday, December 20, 2015

Flying to Boston and Decorations

Hello all!
Today is my first full day in Boston. I am spending my winter break from graduate school here. After flying in last night, my friend Erin L. picked me up from the airport and brought me for a quick visit to see mom and Greg. This turned into dinner with Jay and Linda who were also visiting. This morning, I came to visit again. Greg got to attend the first 30 minutes of the Holiday party at Spaulding. This was due to him still having the trach in and needing supervision while he was off the floor. He got his face painted and took a silly picture with mom (see below). We brought up a wooden snowflake ornament to the floor for him to paint after the party. However, I think Greg's favorite moment was when he was allowed to eat a brownie.

After the party, Dee and Dave came to visit. We decorated Greg's window with window clings of a Christmas tree with all of fixings! Also hung stockings from the ...quark board. That's like a fireplace right? Now it's nap time. After our nap, Marty and Arlene came to visit. We all enjoyed time in the lounge and Greg showed off his painted Christmas tree on the window. I'm so glad to be able to spend this time with my family.

-Emily (daughter)




2 comments:

  1. Awesome Day with some awesome friends.!!!
    And Greg thanks for the Hugs but..,
    Hey you watch those pinch checks😘
    💞 Love&Hugs 💕Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day with friends and family. Marty and Arlene brought their daughter Holly, her husband ,Chis and son, Trevor. We went out to Figs in Charlestown for flatbread pizzas -yum! Thanks everyone for bringing treats and a special shout out to Dee for some awesome gingerbread houses and an electric fleece blanket. It is already on my bed ready for a needed sleep.

    The best part, though, was how Greg's spirits are so lifted by visits. He responds to the energy in the room and the comments about his progress. I think we both don't see sometimes how far he has come.

    ReplyDelete