Sunday, December 6, 2015

What do Chinese Food and Mustaches have in common?

They are both firsts......so today I saw Greg for the first time without a mustache. The beard went about 2 weeks ago.....I have know Greg 4 1/2 years and have never seen him without a beard and mustache. Now, I took a picture and it is entitled scruffy man without mustache:



Not bad, huh? I will shave him tomorrow, should be time, but you never know. And if  you are concerned, I am better at shaving than brushing his teeth!

Today was a much better than yesterday. Sundays are a day of rest at Spaulding and we took advantage. We watched a movie, caught up on some Chicago PD shows and made some phone calls.

If you are wondering about the Chinese food....well I just couldn't face the hospital cafeteria again. I have been eating hospital food pretty much straight for 4 weeks. The exceptions were

  • an amazing Thanksgiving meal courtesy of my sister-in-law Jan
  • being taken out for a glass of pinot noir and a wonderful turkey/stuffing sandwich at an old tavern in Charlestown by my wonderful Aunty Arlene and Uncle Marty
  • and of course the Chinese food I ordered right to the hospital room tonight!
Greg did not have any breathing problems today. Normally we watch the O2 levels as they should stay in the high 90s to 100, but he always has the moments when his lungs get junky and he goes into the 80s, sets off the alarm and the respiratory tech comes running. But today he has been successful in clearing the mucus with only the scheduled respiratory tech visits-no additional runs.

Tonight is the first night of Chanukah and my wonderful daughter sent me a link to a virtual menorah (Chanukah candelabra). I could even light it. The cursor become the match! Then we joined Emily via FaceTime and we watched as she lit her menorah. The lighting was accompanied by Ashley singing Happy Birthday to Chanukah because Emily's menorah is so small it holds birthday candles!

Going to sleep hoping for another good day tomorrow. 

7 comments:

  1. Cheryl and Greg my heart is with the two of you. I pray for you everyday and am here if I can do anything for you. Thanks for sharing this blog with us so we can be there for you. Hugs Joan Sterling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog today. Thanks for sharing this with us. All of us in the Plattsburgh area are pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Greg! You sounded great yesterday, looking forward to all of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl and Greg,
    Thank you SO much for the blog. We have been praying so hard for you both. This is a great way for you to share not only Greg's progress, but your emotions. Hopefully you will feel our love and support. Please let us know how we can help. In the meantime, you can count on many prayers for strength and healing for both of you. Love, Kathy and Don Duley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most obviously was the dim sum station, with one of my favorites, the now seldom seen beef siu mai. Food Truck Catering In Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food Truck catering This is the fantastic impressive place. i\'m pretty much thrilled With your good function. an individual put this season valuable information. Keep This up. Keep threatening. Seeking in order to reading your future post.

    ReplyDelete