Friday, December 11, 2015

Graduation


Tonight Greg graduated with honors from Clinton Community College. We had a small ceremony for him in his room. President Smith was kind enough to email us a copy of his diploma and a wonderful Spaulding employee printed it out and then found a frame for it. I am so proud of him. Working and going to school is not an easy thing and Greg did it with gusto and good grades. 

Today we also graduated from being restricted to the room because of an infection. We have been liberated and spent some time tooling around our floor, dancing in the lounge and got a tour of the state-of-the-art gym that Greg will now do PT in most of the time. 

I also graduated from Hoyer lift 101-I am now able to transfer Greg to and from the bed on my own. Although I prefer some help for ease and speed. But I am glad that I can be responsive to Greg's needs. There are a lot of things to learn and sometimes it is overwhelming. I just keep trying to remember to take it one day at a time, one step at a time, one new ting at a time.......trying:)

We want to thank everyone for cards, texts, emails, blog comments, phone calls, etc. You have no idea how much this means to us. Having contact from the "outside world" and feeling your love and friendship makes every day better.Tomorrow is another work day, so it is time to get to bed. 


11 comments:

  1. Wow Greg you are Official!!
    You have a college degree.
    Very Impressive!!!!
    ALL your hard work paid off.
    Now imagine what doors have opened for you..
    I know you are going to do Amazing things
    Love to you both**dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Greg! That's a great acchievement. It sounds like you both are learning a lot and working hard. We're all thinking about you and pulling for you. Love Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Greg, all your hard work has paid off, and with honors too!! Congratulations we are so happy for you. LJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Greg! That's a great acchievement. It sounds like you both are learning a lot and working hard. We're all thinking about you and pulling for you. Love Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want you to know I think of you both and are sending you the best wishes I can!! I can not imagine the strength you both need to get threw this and I see you both have more every day! congratulations on your diploma! Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to both of you! You are amazing people and we pray for your strength and happiness every day.
    Tim & Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Greg. Another milestone in your back pocket. I am proud of all your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Greg on his well deserved degree. And Congrats to Cheryl for learning and growing and most of all, for Her amazing heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Greg! You worked very hard to get your degree and deserve the recognition. You and Cheryl are a very strong people and will get through this and into the next phase of your life. I think of you both every day and pray for you every day. Keep up the great work you two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Greg! I'm so happy for you on finishing your degree. I know it was tricky with working at the same time. You should be very proud. I think about how you are doing everyday, and am grateful for this blog so I can get updates without clogging up Cheryl's messages and email. Stay strong and positive, we're all pulling for you.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Greg
    You could always accomplish anything you put your mind to.
    SOOOOOOO proud of you Judy & Peter

    ReplyDelete