Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Goodbye Spaulding



This is our schedule for tomorrow-at long last. I can't believe we are actually going home. I am almost all packed up. I think it will take at least a week to unpack everything.

Greg and I took a test drive in the van yesterday. He is able to sit in the front passenger side. This is nice for both of us-being next to each other. It is easy to drive and hopefully, he will be comfortable for the ride home. Fortunately, he has his loaner wheelchair-it will do until his comes in. The hospital bed and lift were delivered. The bed was describes as an old fashioned clunker-I hope it is better than that. All I know is that it has a crank to raise and lower-that worries me.

We should leave tomorrow by 11 and be home by 4:30-5. We will stop at least once maybe more as Greg has to do pressure relief (changing positions) and he can't do this in the van.

What else?
Goodbye Spaulding!

3 comments:

  1. It's going to feel great to get home. Then you'll begin to find problems popping up, and you'll solve them one at a time just like you've always done. Have a safe trip. Love you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels...It will be great to have you both home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so nice having access to your blog. I hope you will continue it for a while. It helps us feel connected to you without intruding. We will see you in a few weeks after you're more settled. Think of you every day. We're so glad you're home.

    ReplyDelete