Sunday, January 3, 2016

Wonderful Sunday

Today we had a great visit from Tim and Lynn. They brought us Christmas gifts and Lynn baked us yummy cookies and brownies. We so appreciate the long ride up and back to and from Plattsburgh they made today. Most of all we appreciate the love they gave us, hugs and kisses. We have reached the point where we are looking forward to going home and being with family and friends. It is is time to get out of the hospital.

So, we will spend the next couple of weeks making sure we can get home and get help and therapy there. Greg will continue to work on strength and understand how to use it. And both of us will continue to nurture our love, find humor daily, and support each other.

I had a mother wonderful dinner with my Uncle Marty and Aunty Arlene. They took me to a Jewish deli in Brookline. For a Jewish girl this was heaven. Plattsburgh does not have this and the one Jewish Deli in Burlington went out of business a while ago. They have fed me well each week and promise to come back next week. I think they have spoiled me.

We are thankful that

  • Emily is doing will in grad school her last semester, completing her thesis, internships, and classes
  • Gregory Jr. and Rachael have found success in their careers
  • My dad had a successful knee operation
  • Jack and company built a ramp for our home
  • Dee, Dave, LJ, Rose, and Tim have taken care of our home and prepared it for our return
  • We had a chance to talk to Mike, Chris, and Kirsten and pray for Jarod's full recovery
  • That Marylyn, Lauren, Rabbi Rimler, (and I know I others) called
I know there are more things we are thankful for and things I have mentioned in previous posts, but please know we are humbled by an outpouring of support that allows us to concentrate on Greg's successful recovery. And tomorrow-back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment