Saturday, January 23, 2016

Many Thanks



Greg and I are feeling so blessed. We have to give many thanks to all for the donations-monetary and food. We give thanks for the outpouring of love, prayers, thoughts, and hugs. We are awed by the love and caring the Adirondack Pet Lodge gave our dog, Sox, for 2 months. She came home today happy and healthy. She wouldn't leave Greg's side all day, watching over him as he napped this afternoon. Of course, she stays clear of my brother. At 6 foot 4, I guess he is intimidating. However, she let him pet her for the first time in years.

I have been asked if I will keep up the blog. I  believe the answer is yes, just not as often. The days are pretty stressful right now figuring out how to live each day. We have had many deliveries of medical supplies, people showing us how to use equipment and the electric Hoyer lift went in on Thursday-the guys were here until 9 p.m. Yesterday we saw Greg's surgeon and he was able to trade in his collar for a soft collar and start to spend time out of it. The appointment went well and Greg is healing well.

A wonderful thing happened today though, we hired a caregiver for Greg, who will start on Tuesday. This is an enormous blessing and a thank you to Tim, Greg's brother for the referral. We are looking forward to working with her and I guess that means I am going back to work next week.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds lie there is a routine developing I don't blame six for being fearful of the gentle giant
    Glad the blog will continue

    Live to all

    ReplyDelete